Simple baby food recipes
Parents should not take any unnecessary stress about cooking some special food for their kids older than 1 year. Anything that the whole family is eating can also be given to them as well. You just have to take care to keep away from as much salt in the food as could reasonably be expected. Obviously, this rule will not allow any takeaway fast food from restaurants as they have tons of salt. This article discusses various food recipes for your kid that are pretty easy to cook.
Ingredients- mango pulp (1 cup), Plain dahi (1 cup), semolina or suji (1 cup), Ghee, a bit of cardamom powder.
- Roast the suji till it turns light brown in ghee.
- Take mango pulp and other ingredients, make a paste of them and mix it with Semolina.
- Add a bit of cardamom powder in the mixture and grease the idli pan with ghee.
- Pour the mixture on the idli stand and keep it for steam cooking for 10 mins.
- Idlis are ready to be served.
Ingredient- Ragi (1 cup), Jaggery (3/4 cup), cow ghee (1/2 cup), coconut milk and cardamom powder
- Ragi must be soaked overnight before use.
- Next day, wash it completely and make a paste of it with water.
- Sieve the paste using a muslin cloth making the mixture even smoother so that it can easily be eaten by your kid.
- In a pan, add coconut milk, ragi, cardamom powder, and cow ghee. Boil the mixture for a few minutes so that it thickens.
- Pour it on a plate to be eaten.
Ingredients: Oats powder (1/2 cup), 1 spoon besan, grated carrot, ½ cup chopped onion, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt, coriander powder, cow ghee and water.
- Mix the onions, carrots, besan, oats powder and other spices in a pan.
- Pour water in it to make a slurry. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan, warm the ghee and add the above-prepared slurry in a circular motion to make evenly shaped cakes.
- Cook both sides of the cake till it has a golden-brown colour.
Ingredient: Potato (2), Dosa mix (1 cup), ghee as required for frying, salt as per taste, onions, coriander, carrots
- Boil the potatoes in water, after cooling them, peel their skin off and crush them into small pieces.
- Prepare dosa mix by adding water to the mixture, stir well for a few minutes and let it rest for a few more minutes.
- Heat the pan and add some ghee to it. Put the dosa mixture in a circular motion. Try to not make the dosa too thick. Cook it till it turns light brown from both sides. Now add the different vegetables and other ingredients such as potato, onions etc. It can be given to a 1-year-old kid if they are able to chew properly.
Ingredient: Wheat dalia (1 cup), roasted gram (1 cup), elaichi, water, ghee (as required), jaggery(as required)
- Roast all the ingredients in a pan and then grind them to make powder.
- Add 1 cup of porridge to the pan.
- Add some amount of water to make it a paste as per your requirement.
- At this time, you can add ghee and stir it for a few minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool down for a bit till it reaches room temperature. Serve it to your 1 year old kid in a bowl.